DOT 5

Russ

>>      DOT 5 or silicone based brake fluid does have some advantages.  I=
is =

apparently not as caustic, but it does have an affinity with water and ca=
n =

cause rust.  I have heard that, but have never used DOT 5 to know for
sure.<<

My understanding is that DOT 5 does not have an affinity with water (unli=
ke
DOT 3
and DOT 4 and DOT 5.1), and that is one of its main advantages. I have al=
so
heard that it has a lower boiling point than DOT3 or DOT4, but as it has
not =

adsorbed water it will still not boil as badly.

All the best

Keith (who has 3 canson DOT5 in the garage for 10 years for the bikes, bu=
t =

never summoned up the courage to use it)