Factory Tool

In AD V7#696, Bob Brooks asked about loosening the lock nut for the Cold
Start Solenoid on his '73 SPICA injection pump.

FWIW: I happen to have the factory 24 mm crows foot tool (A50202) for the
Cold Start Solenoid sitting next to my keyboard as I type this. It is 4mm
thick. You might be able to get a machine shop to slim down the Craftsman
crows foot for you. Also, the 15/16" (23.8mm) span might be a tad tight
so you might also have them open it up while you're at it.

Given the risk of irrepairable damage to the pump, the solenoid and other
hard to find components in the vicinity, it might be well worth the
additional expense to use the correct tool rather than "field expedients"
involving hammers, punches, etc.

Just my $.02.

Tom Muccino
Amherst, NH
603.672.0763
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]