Cold engine - hard driving

It seems to be the conventional wisdom that revving your engine when it is
cold is not a good idea.  A few months ago, my employer moved, I am now only
a minute or two from a dual carriageway that has a hundred or so yards
sliproad before you need to be at 60-70 mph, once up to speed I cruise at 70
for 20 minutes.  My choices are to warm the engine up in the car park for 10
minutes before setting off, or to redline the engine 2 minutes later.  To be
honest, at the end of the day, I want to go home, not sit there and put some
heat into the engine.

What actually happens if the engine is revved hard?  I use Mobil 1 oil, is
there anything else I can do.  Under normal driving the engine is not used
hard (ok, every now and then, but the engine is warmed up first).  Any
suggestions?

Steve
164 TS
Cumbria UK