Re: alfa-digest V7 #696 - Brake Fluid

Russ ? Megan et al.
When I was just out of college and in training for a short lived career
in the tire and brake business our training menntioned as one of the
advantages of silicone was it was NOT hygroscopic i.e. did not readily
absorb moisture.  People selling the product claimed the US govt. and
esp. the military specified it because of this.  For cold weather
climes, it would supposedly keep brake lines / systems from freezing?
Hype? I don't know. Other advantages are that it won't damage your paint
if dripped.  I know also on the negative, I've seen discussions by
racers indicating a minor sponginess in the pedal they don't like.
Graham Hilder ? John Basel commented to the alfa list ca. 20 Ag 1998.
Best Wishes,
Bernie Bennett
Brenham, TX