Re: Milano 3.0 Vs. Volvo 850 T5-R

Dear Mr. Max120ft,

    Thank you for dumping more gasoline on the fire.  Now I feel the need to get
some extra mods. I already have the euro downpipes and rear stebro. I think my
next few mods would be the S-cams I can take out of my old 2.5L engine, Kirshtein
ECU, BMW AFM (already have), cleaned and balanced injectors, Magnecor wires and a
center stebro exhaust. Somehow this sounds expensive. But it beats buying another
car. This car is too cheap to pass up 8-). I know not of another car in the $2-3K
range than can make me grin from ear to ear everytime I step on the loud pedal.
    I am also in the process of cutting out a bigger hole for the airbox. My car
has the old 2.5 airbox and that small restrictive funnel. Verdes have a bigger
square funnel in the airbox. I bought myself a big PVC pipe that is at least 50%
bigger than the stock 2.5 airbox funnel.
    Oh yes, Last night I just came back from my friend's warehouse where he is
putting in a 3.0 24V in his GTV6. The car has full stebro, custom equal length
headers, 164L cat, Porsche/Brembo brakes etc. It started up and it sounded
fantastic!!! Should start running tomorrow. Another friend rebuilt his GTV6 3.0
12V with JE pistons etc and it has around 195 bhp at the wheels. So many fast
GTV6s around. Makes me feel itchy.
    Before I quit, I have some questions. Did you catch any T5-Rs? Can your 164L
beat an E30 M3? How many bhp do you have? Is your car the 164 with those 17" TSW
Imola?

Zamani
'87 Milano 3.0