Re: Anthropomorphism again!

The only theory I could offer is that by pulling the fuse, you forced
the electronics behind the lighting controls to a known (dead) state.
Sorta like rebooting a computer or unplugging your VCR so that it will
blink that nice, comforting '12:00' at you.

Of almost all the automobile makes and models that I'm familiar with,
I vote Alfa's as being the most cheerfully anthropomorphic of them
all. With deference to Mr. Di, I know that there must be sound,
logical explanations for all of their quirks but their 'personality'
has to be one of their most cherished traits. There are few other cars
which respond so well to be driven hard -- running better for the
'abuse' of seeing red-line on a daily basis. Don't try it on your
Chrysler or even most of your Nipponese pocket rockets...they just
won't last long. My ex was convinced that each Alfa was possessed by
the spirit of an Italian woman (as she's an Italian woman, she was
qualified to make that judgement.)

Home for lunch...gotta go back to work. Hope she (the car) decides to
take me there!

- - Eric H.