Anthropomorphism again!

Oh, Fred's gonna love this one...

I noticed the other evening, an hour or two after my
wife had gotten home, that the interior lights were
still on in the Milano. I got the key and unlocked it,
then open and shut each door a few times and waited
several minutes, but the lights stayed on. So I got
the handbook and looked up the fuse assignments, then
pulled the one for the lights. Big mistake. Loud
squealy buzzing noise says "DON'T DO THAT!"

So I put the fuse back, popped the hood, and went to
my car for a wrench to disconnect the battery. Grabbed
the wrench, took three steps toward the Milano...and
the lights went out! (They have been working perfectly
since then, BTW.)

I went back in the house and said, "The car fixed
itself again." Tania asked,"What did you do?" "Just
threatened it with a wrench," I said. She said,"Hey,
makes perfect sense to me," and went back to her TV
show.

Okay, so I know it wasn't REALLY the car's animating
spirit...and I also (now) understand that you just
can't go unplugging things on cars anymore with
impunity, which is why I think I'll stick with the old
ones. Still, there has to be an explanation. Anyone
here got a clue, or do I have to call Click and Clack?

Will Owen
Nashville, TN