Re: Oil pressure warning light

Ciao all,

I have an interesting problem with the oil pressure warning light in my 74
spider (upper red light in the dash 4-light pattern). I know that Braden's
book says do not drive the car any further when this light comes on, but my
light comes on only when I am taking left corners- so often that I'm
beginning to think it might be a hard left corner indicator light. The oil
pressure guage reads just fine, (dead center with power applied) and the
dipstick readings are likewise good. I did loose about 4 or 5 oz on the
garage floor the other night from the rear of the sump (will check that out
tomorrow) but this idiot light thing has been going on for a month now (BTW,
it just flashes on momentarily while cornering and the goes right off
afterwards) so I'm thinking it might just be a loose sending wire- any
thoughts about where to look?

Kevin M.
Framingham, MA