Re: alfa-digest V7 #665 NAS Oceana Vintage Races

The event at Oceana was terrific! The Alfas represented were a 750
series Giulietta Spider Veloce, owned by Bob Russell, a 1967 Duetto
Spider 1600 owned by Ceasar Cone and a 1959 Giulietta Sprint Veloce,
owned by Sandra McNeil. These cars were racing in the vintage production
group and finished eighth, ninth and tenth overall out of thirty one
starters. The Mid Atlantic Alfa Romeo Club was out in force, the Hampton
Roads group well represented. I drove a Fiat 124 Spider to second
overall after qualifying on the pole the first day. The yellow spider of
Russell was the star of the show at the Sprint Vintage Grand Prix at Mid
Ohio last year after a stirring duel with the very quick Giulietta
Spider Veloce of Bob Kullas, those cars finishing fourth and fifth
overall out of forty four starters last June. The reason I know this is
because the Alfas of Cone, Kullas and Hugh Tompkins, prepped by my shop
routinely trade back and forth with the Russell, McNeil, McGlinchey and
Dorfman cars looked after by the excellent Andy Funk of KTR Engineering
in Massachusetts. Great Fun! Hemsley, you should cover this stuff
better! Next event is the Walter Mitty Challenge at Road Atlanta next
weekend, the Jefferson 500 at Summit Point , West Virginia the second
week of May. Hope to see some listers there, Peter Krause