Re: gtv6 steering rack question

> what i thought was wheel bearing play in my gtv6 looks like its coming from
> the rack.  as i've never had one apart, any hints as to what i might be
> facing?

    Brian,

     I have the same problem on my low mileage (!) GTV6. It's the
     bearings in the rack, which is a "sealed" unit according to
     my wrench. Is it your driver's side too?

     I expect to purchase a new rack soon. I'd recommend
     contacting Meridian Auto Parts at 800.874.1974. Their racks
     carry a lifetime replacement guarantee, as I recall. No
     connection, etc., just a satisfied customer (on the 164S).

`nardo
Alpine, Brewster County, Texas USA
   Animated global position (~2:30 load @ 28.8):
        http://www.alpinetexas.com/map_zoom.html