what is the coolant temperature sender location on a spica spider

A friend who is not on the list asked me this question, I looked in my
workshop manual and it shows that for a bosch spider, the location is
near the top bleeder screw, over the manifold. Is it the same for an
older spider? His gauge just quit working after doing some service so he
thinks that a wire may have been yanked loose, any other suggestions?

ciao

sixto

Sixto A. Gonzalez
National Astronomy and Ionosphere Center      787-878-2612
Arecibo Observatory                           787-878-1861(fax)
HC3 Box 53995
Arecibo Puerto Rico 00612
sixto@domain.elided