Crunched Milano Woes

Greetings Alfisti,

Well, After 3 years of reading about other digesters getting hit somebody
finally tagged one of my Alfas.  A girl in a MR2 rear-ended my Milano,
causing a very nasty wrinkle in the left rear quarter panel and making it
hard to open the trunk and the left rear door.

I got two estimates for repairs, both in the $3000 to $4000 range.  One
of the estimators said that his computer flashed "total loss" warning.

Since this has happened to many of you already I meed some help.  I know
that I'll get hassled on the value of the car from the girl's insurance
company.

My request of this esteemed body is to give me suggestions on how to
prove to an adjuster how much the car is really worth.  What resources I
can refer to; what "books" other then the Kelly Blue book exist; etc.

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan Walker

68 Euro Duetto
87 Milno Gld   (slightly shortened)