Alfetta clutch slave bleeding

On my posting about the Alfetta clutch bleed, Jerry wrote that his Alfetta =
clutch will bleed only just well enough to work, but with a little use it =
becomes fully OK.  Well, somewhat similarly for me...... after my bleed, =
the clutch fork travel and clutch operation were fine, but there was a lot =
of free play in the pedal. We went racing in that car a few days later and =
before the end of the day the pedal felt better than ever..... perfect, in =
fact. So, regarding the stream of very fine bubbles still appearing after =
the bleed, I'll do what Jerry suggested, and not worry about it.=20

And, Brian wrote:=20
"the only problem with having the bleed screw on the bottom is that there =
may be an air pocket trapped in the top part of the slave cylinder"  =
(which you can't bleed out)........
"As for the air bubbles, i don't believe that they would come from around =
the bleeder, as there is certainly no suction while you are pressing down =
on the pedal". =20

I would have thought the same. But the thing is, if this ongoing stream of =
bubbles were coming from inside the system rather from around the bleeder, =
there must have been a dickens of a lot of air still left in the system I =
would have thought, so how come the system was able to produce better-than-=
spec clutch fork travel? =20
I wonder if I have too much clutch pedal travel?

And Brian concluded "For proper bleeding, keep the bleeder at the top".

Yes, clearly true in principle, but apparently not always necessary in =
practice. (Just as well, considering how hard it is to access Alfetta =
slave bolts).

Best regards,
GrahamHilder,
New Zealand.