2000 GT Veloce rescue

Hi, everybody! I'm going to bring home a forlorn '74 GT Veloce (Spica) soon.
It was last licensed in 1986, so has sat for a while :-). I plan to remove
the plugs and squirt in a little 5w30, letting it soak for a few days to
free the rings/cylinders. I will remove the old gas and check the plugs.
Anything else I should do before trying to start it? Should I change the oil
and filter first, or can it wait 'til after the test run?
Peter, London, Canada

72 911 project
75 ALFA GT Veloce project
74 ALFA soon-to-be project