Re: alfa-digest V7 #656 - Trunk/Gas release - Spider

In a message dated 4/22/99 2:17:15 PM Central Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< From: "Barry Leavitt" <bleavitt@domain.elided>
 Subject: Trunk/Gas release - Spider

 Has anyone found / manufactured a more reliable solution to the plastic
 trunk and gas release mounting bracket on the Spider. Mine is broken and I'd
 hate to source a replacement plastic part if it's prone to break again soon.

 Cheers, Barry
 89 Spider Quad
 Toronto, Canada

	Take the panel off and cut some aluminum to fit behind the plastic.
Cut out for the release levers.  Glue it all together with two part epoxy or
something similar.  I used JB Weld.
	If your panel is too far gone, you could make a replacement out of
aluminum.  These parts are fragile and not readily available in junk yards.
I tried to order a new one without success as the panel in my 87 Graduate was
missing entirely.  The PO had thrown it away.
Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City