alfa-digest V7 #648

Message text written by INTERNET:alfa@domain.elided
>I am replacing the interior door panels on my 86 Spider .  I will be
making a new backing (eliminating the pocket ) and then covering it in
vinyl . =

What is the preffered backing ?  Masonite or pressboard like original ,
or plywood =

( perhaps 1/8"mahogany door skin)<

I suggest "none of the above" as the preferred material. Auto trim
suppliers sell a board that looks like very thin corrugated cardboard for=

this application. It is moisture resistant, doesn't warp, and is easy to
cut.. =

Remember to use a poly moisture barrier behind this panel, anyway.

Paul Rollins
Vancouver, WA