Re: alfa-digest V7 #648

simon.rodda@domain.elided wrote:

> My 164 Cloverleaf does that - I think it's the aircon belt, but as yet, my
> dealer hasn't fixed it. It's OK if I don't run the aircon, but as the
> weather is supposed to improve... I want it to work.

I thought the compressor was driven by the ancillaries belt, and
coupled/decoupled from the input pulley by a solenoid.  In this case I would
assume that if your noise is only present when the a/c is on it's coming
from the compressor rather than the belt.  However I shall try turning the
a/c off and see if the noise goes away.  Thanks for the suggestion.

> OH - and it doesn't have a boot spoiler; I thought that was an optional
> extra?

Perhaps it was.  I seem to remember that it was listed as one of the
standard features of the Cloverleaf in the car price guides, but then
they're not exactly the gospel!

Jonathan.

- --
Jonathan Wolff <jon@domain.elided>