Re: Carb Problems

The original poster on this subject specifically said it was the plastic
rod that fell off. The plastic rod doesn't have the intricate snap-on
spring clips that the earlier metal ones do. The plastic rod is a real
piece of junk, IMO. I replaced it with a metal one years ago. Rich Hirsch
is on the right track with insulating a metal replacement. The throttle
rod IS directly above the main starter cable attachment point.

>>Zachary Kator wrote:
>>
>> After setting everything straight a new problem has now developed.
>> The plastic shaft that links the throttle linkage on the firewall of
>> the car in the engine compartment to the throttle linkage in between
>> the Webers keeps falling off.

Chris Piepers replied: