FrankenSpider Final Status

I just hung up the phone after talking with the mechanic at the shop.
FrankenSpider is Complete!

He found the cause of the intermittent ignition miss - one of the two
flywheel sensors on the Bosch motor was flaky. It checked out fine the
first time he checked it, then it failed, then it was fine again, then it
failed ... etc. The sensor was replaced, a little fiddling on the
emissions pre-certification test and it passed with flying colors, so now
he's doing major work like fine tuning the headlight adjustment. :)

Since this is an engine swap with a later year engine, it needs to have a
smog certificate issued by a Cal approved Referee shop. The appointment is
set for Friday at 2pm, we're all ready for it now, and if I can get the
certificate by 3pm, I'll have the tags and be able to drive it this
weekend.

I'm psyched! 3 months of work in the shop, all the very best bits we could
manage from the three cars ... it should be one fine Spider now!

Godfrey

BTW: I have ended up with a spare, used thermostatic actuator for the
SPICA injection. It's in usable if not perfect condition. I paid $50 for
it and will offer it to anyone for the same money, plus cost of shipping
of course. - g