re: breathing protection

>Does anyone have recommendations for breathing protection in the form of
>charcoal masks, fresh air systems with dedicated pumps, or that connect
>to my air compressor, or other forms of protection?

In the US (guessing that's where you are), the best source for this
information is the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health, on
the Web at www.cdc.gov/niosh  or by phone at 800-35-NIOSH.  They can
provide  information packets on chemical and physical hazards and on
personal protective equipment or answer specific questions about what kind
of respirator to use for a particular chemical.

Dana Loomis