best line yet for causing an accident (Chris' 1300 GT Junior)

Hey Chris,

I hope that person was not pulling your leg on the brain surgery bit. If it
was true, what the heck were they doing driving???

Anyway, you've probably been through all those emotions already. Years ago I
had a '69 Berlina that I had just finished doing a ton of work to. So
someone clipped me in the front, and poof the car was totaled. Those energy
absorbing unibodies make for safe cars, but sometimes the crumple zones
can't be economically repaired.

I got this pathetic value from my insurance company (less than I had just
paid for my engine and transmission, forget the interior or paint). So I got
the car professionally appraised. Yes, after it was crunched. I paid like
US$150 for the appraisal, but the insurance company about doubled what
they'd pay. Plus I kept the car. You might want to see if there are
appraisers in your area; check Hemmings?

Good luck,
Peter Lundquist
SF Bay Area
'69 GTV (guess where the motor and transmission came from? The Berlina!)
'87 Platinum