Spider top reinforcement methods desired

Hello All,

I have just spent some quiet lunch-hour contemplation of the inside of my 91
Spider's top.  I see that there are numerous places where the inside fabric
layer is worn almost to the point of having pinholes in it, especially in
the quarters where it folds untidily.  From the outside, the vinyl does not
seem bad at all.  It is smooth and tight, [and water-tight for now].  I
wonder if anyone has any experience with a spray or paint-on product that I
could apply to the inside of the top with the hope of extending the life of
the fabric, without compromising flexibility.

The PO drove the car year-round here in NoCal, and used the top extensively.
It is otherwise sound and the window was replaced a year ago.  I rarely run
with the top up, and it is even more rare that I drive or park the Spider in
the rain, but I'd love to shore up the battlements so to speak, with some
reasonable method, so it doesn't become urgent to spring for a new Caribou
or other replacement.

Any suggestions welcome.  Thanks.

- --  Hutson

91 Spider  [new IAP 'red' springs and rear sway bar]