Re: Spider engine in car rebuild-LONG

>  From: "Dave M." <doc1590@domain.elided>
>  Subject: Spider engine in car rebuild-LONG

snip
>  Note: If you need to remove all the rods, then you
>  will need to drop the entire pan and that's a real
>  pain without a lift and there are a couple tricks to
>  that too.  We can change a head gasket quicker than
>  the pan.
snip

In order to make removal of my Alfetta oil pan on a 1750 block easier I
finally drilled and tapped the block to accept the next size larger socket
head bolts.  Now it's a simple matter to use a "wobble" (don't know the
correct name offhand) allen wrench to undo the bolts in about ten minutes.
This was a necessity in my case as before that I had to remove the engine to
drop the pan.

Regards,

Frank Formeister,
1750 Alfa-Healey