Re: Optional driving lights- GTV6?

On Apr 7,  2:08pm, Jim Barrett wrote:

> On my '82 GTV6, there are the remains (mounts) of driving lights under the
> front bumper, and a rocker switch, marked "KC", mounted at the rear of the
> center console; would any Digester know which model and/or brand of lights
> were offered when new?

I don't, but my GTV6 (also an 82) still has the lights mounted to the bumper so
I will try to remember to look at them tonight.  I don't recall the rocker
switch, but the console is out of the car right now.  I'll look at that too.  I
have only driven the car 120 miles between buying it and stripping it for
restoration, so I am not all that familiar with the switchgear.

I had also wondered whether these lights were in fact original, or fitted by a
PO.  The wiring to them looked rather amateurish (joints wrapped in electrical
tape and such), but appears to originate in the factory wiring harness.  I'm
not sure about the switch, but there was a paddle switch mounted to a bracket
bolted below the dash.  The car has suffered additional electrical hacking to
install an aftermarket stereo with amps, so it is hard to tell what is
original.

What this space for my observations...

Dave J.
1982 GTV6 (with driving or maybe fog lights?)

- --