RE: Spider engine in car rebuild-LONG

<snip>
>  Note: If you need to remove all the rods, then you
>  will need to drop the entire pan and that's a real
>  pain without a lift and there are a couple tricks to
>  that too.  We can change a head gasket quicker than
>  the pan.
<snip>

i think the original post was looking for feedback on a method for removing
pistons and liners *without* removing the oil pan.  seemed to me that the
method involved using vice grips to grip the liner such that the piston
could be used to lift it, then the piston was removed from the bottom of the
liner.

interesting idea, i can't attest to how well it works.  i prefer the bench
method myself..

fwiw,

bs