lcd clock in late 164s

ross wrote:
>The clock in my 164LS (1995) lights up, but it's garbage.   Can it be
>fixed?  If not, where can I get a replacement?

This came up before, I think. Unfortunately, the replacement is $2300 US,
unless you go through a recycler. This is a common problem ("they all do
that"). Use your ears for the fan speed, your tactile sense for the
temperature, and get yourself a nice watch with an alfa logo (from those ads
in airline magazines where they promise to put any logo on a watch - sell
one to me later since you have to get the mass quantity).
LCDs are still expensive, and i am not sure that they can be fixed. My
crystals did the same thing (95, with 52K on the clock now).

thx
luke

74 spider, 82 gtv6, 95 164ls, 98 audi a6 Q