required voltage to exicte ingition

>Alfa and Bosch,  say that L-Jet requires 9.6 volts to
>excite the ignition system.  In talking to ARDONA
>techs, it varies in the real world from one car that
>started at 9.2 to another that wouldn't below 11.0.
>Motronic spec is 10.3, but I suppose again that each
>car will be a rule unto itself.  Believe me, after
>spending hours in the hot sun trouble shooting what
>was basically a low battery, battery voltage while
>cranking is my first check.

And not just Bosch.... Last week I left the headlight on on my 95 Honda
Magna for an hour or so and when I came back to start the bike - nothing.
Ah ha, says I, I've run the battery flat....I'll just push the bike up that
convienient hill, roll down, and bump start it.  Wrong.  After several
unsuccesfull trips up and down the hill, I was forced to call a friend with
a truck to haul me back home.

Hmph.  Maybe this is the excuse I need to replace the bugger with a proper
Ducatti M900.

Don Happel    zelatore@domain.elided
Shemp-MoDin Italian Motorsports
"It's good to go very fast" - Peter Egan

***NEEDED-modified Milano Verde to replace my other Alfas!***

95 Magna - for commuting in traffic
83 GTV6 - for the track - for sale!
78 Spider - for the street - soon to be for sale!
77 Dodge van - mobile shop
72  36' Uniflite Aft Cabin Motor Yacht - mobil home