Spider Seats

>On a related note, though, I did see an ad for a spider in England that had
>rear seats.
>Chris Keen
>'77 spider
>>
>I once had a 71 european 1750 spider with metric guages, webers and such. It
>also had a rear seat, mostly just foam upholstered to match the front seats.
>Do not know if it was aftermarket or what. Only spider rear seat I have ever
>seen.
>Got 6 people in it once for a short trip. Got a busted rear spring at
>some point too. The same day maybe???

Hello Spideristi,
This was an original seat, used in 2000 Veloces in Europe, i think only
delivered a few years on the end of the seventies.
Actuallym in the netherlands there is no law for rear seat belts. Rear seat
belts are only required for new cars, since the end of the eighties.
Also, most spider also have an exception, that no seat belts (in the front)
are required. the reason is that you might be better off actually flying out
of the car when you crash, than being scrambled in the Spider.

The law in the netherlands states that you can transport as many people as the
car is equipped for. I have asked the police over here how many people are
allowed in a Spider. No answer sofar, since nobody knows what is a seat, and
what is not. Personally, i have spent quite some kilometers (and also miles)
in the rear seat compartment of my spider. It is not that bad if you have
enough soft stuff like pillows.

Greetings,
Hans de Kok
Chairman Dutch Alfa Romeo Spider Register