Re: Cars and critters

Well, I didn't have any rodents in mine, but here's a story. For a while,
my "storage area" for Alfa parts was in an old camper. While in college
I had bought what had to be the ugliest truck in creation. It was a '47
Ford 3/4 ton pickup which had been totally bastardized. The top of the
cab had been cut away, the bed had been removed, and a large cab-over
camper had been built on it. It had a 352 engine in it and a 4.88 rear
end. It was Loud with a capital L, able to frighten little old ladies 3
blocks away. One day, I go out to check on my Alfa parts, and there's a
family of cats living in a box in the cab. These weren't nice animals.
Feral cats are essentially wild. The mother would raise a fit, but would
then run away from the kittens. I'm standing over a box full of the
cutest little balls of fur, who are all baring tiny fangs and hissing at
me with all they've got. I couldn't get near them. Oh well. I left them
alone until they left the nest. The mother had apparently gotten in by
squeezing through one of many holes in the firewall. The holes weren't
that big, either. They left behind the most awful mess. At least there
weren't any mice...