spider tires

Hi Brian,
The tires I've liked the most for my '77 spider are the Dunlop D60 A2 ($49).
They had really good traction in the dry, and did not howl around turns like
my current Continental CH90s do. I know you asked about Pirellis, and I see
Discount Tire Direct (http://www.tires.com) has P6000 Sport Veloces at $55,
but I have no experience with them. P600s (if you can still find them) are
probably not worthwhile, being kind of old-tech - my dad had them on his '86
Saab as original equipment.
The size I use is P195/60 HR 14 - I was told that anything bigger would
occasionally rub on the fender. I believe the next size down to maintain the
correct wheel/tire diameter would be 185/70-14.
Good luck
Chris Keen
'77 spider