RE: Discount Converters

Colin Wrote:

>>Of course the salesman didn't know what car this was really for, so I took
a chance and
ordered one for my '87 Milano. At only $165, it was hard to pass up. The fit
was a little
off, but overall, I was pleased with the product. <<

I have to agree with Colin.

I just recently installed one of these on my '83 spider (the buzz from the
heat shield was way too annoying to ignore and the fix was $200+), so I
decided to spend the $139 (delivered to my door) for the replacement from
Discount Converters.

Cons:
I also found the fit to be off, being about an inch lower than the original.
It scrapes on larger speed bumps.

Pros:
Lighter and sounds better and a 5 year warranty to boot,

Walter Colbourne
'83 Spider Veloce