Charts under Spider hood

Brian wrote:

>Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 08:38:55 -0500
>From: briane@domain.elided
>Subject: Charts under Spider hood

>I plan on painting my 1974 Spider this summer.  I notice a few "stickers"
>placed under the hood of the car.  Unfortunately, I can't read what they
>say.

>Can anyone tell me if a 1974 Spider originally had any data stuck under the
>hood?  I want to bring this Spider back to as close to original as possible
>even going to try and pay attention to small details like this.

>Is there anything else stuck to other parts of the car?  Trunk.. door?

>Thanks again.

>Brian Erdelyi
>1974 Alfa Romeo Spider
>1995 Lada Niva Cossack

My '74 Spider (Canadian) has the following:
Engine Compartment:
	-warning label on top of the rad cap
	-emission control information (upside down for reading convenience) on the
side of the engine compartment beside the Spica air filter housing. It
describes valve and ignition timing etc.
	-foil label on the top of the Spica air filter housing describing care of
the filter etc.
	-then there are the metal plaques pop riveted on top of the Spica air
filter housing and the type plaque riveted to the firewall.
	The hood was painted by a previous owner so I don't know if there were
ever any labels on it

Body:
	-There's a label inside the glove box door showing model number and tire
information
	-there's a label inside the cover for the fuse box showing fuse identity
	-there's a round Canadian motor vehicle safety label on the rear face of
the driver's door pillar
	-below that is the (plastic?) vehicle manufacture and weight data plaque
pop riveted in place

That's it! If there were others originally, they're long gone and at the
moment I'm not missing them terribly. If there's anything else I can
provide for you as details, just ask (sorry, I don't have a digital camera).

Hugh
Medicine Hat, Alberta

(yesterday it was 73 degrees here and I was going for pizza with the top
down and tonight they're warning of a possible heavy snowfall -- consider
my emotions as being toyed with!)