Of Mice and Cars

John Katos recounted his mouse in the motor story:

"Last summer I picked up a free GTV with a rebuilt trans and rebuilt
engine.
Neither had been used since being rebuilt in 1980. .... I hope you are
wondering what the first line of this message means. Yep, upon
pulling the oil pan I found a mouse nest. It fills the entire front
chamber of
the pan, it looks like someone stuffed around four big handfulls of
brown
fiberglass insulation down there. I assume the rodents got in through
the
unused distributor hole."

Well after transporting my free GTV (sat 9yrs) a few weeks ago some 30
odd miles to my mechanic, stripping all the good bits and bringing them
home another 30 odd miles I decided the next day to go thru all the
parts, specifically the Spica air box. Let me just say that I knew mice
had made a home of the engine between the cams and of the trunk which is
where I found the airbox. So I open the box and start shaking out all
the mouse house only to have one then two then finally three vvvveerry
sleepy and mildly annoyed mice drop out!!  All three were escorted to
the grassier parts of my abode.

What a surprise for both of us.

Also, I got a Ansa twin tipped exhaust from the donor car, put it on and
after one 60 mile trip parked it, started it again a day or so later and
out flew a mouse out of the tail pipe looking very black and very dead!

No reaaal alfa content but, thought it an amusing story for all to
enjoy. Except that is for the dead mouse and the three transplanted farm
mice.

Ciao,
Antonio
72'GTV