missing engine of the Bimotore

- ---JHertzman@domain.elided wrote re.the Bimotore;
>At least one of the cars was run successfully in
>England as a single engined car,and I have an
>impression that it was restored.

One of the Tipo Bs in Japan has an engine originally run by a Bimotore. So I
imagine the rear engine is from the Bimotore in England.
The engine features a short crankcase; So the tipo B has a special spacer
between crankcase & bellhousing to conpensate the gap.

The Tipo B restoration story is featured in a book "On the Road" my father
authored, in which many photo of the disassembled ex-Bimotore engine,
revealing its tricky mechanics and finest Italian craftsmanship. It features
a 8C2300 LeMans and Mille Miglia winning 8C2900 Coupe as well.
Only Japanese text available, but if you're interested, mail me off digest.

No financial interest to me, though my father indirectly will have only a
bit;-)

Taiju Kobayashi
Tokyo,Japan
'66 GTV "Corsa"