RE: Duetto vs. Non Duetto

While all this bickering about misnomers goes on, let's not forget that
the Giulietta Spider "Veloces" were actually "Super Spiders".  And it's
my understanding that use of the name "Normale" to describe a level of
trim/performance was advanced by Alfa enthusiasts, not the factory.
 Regardless, the terms "veloce" and "normale" are generally accepted and
instantly recognized as appropriate terms to describe the features of
various 50's/60's Alfa vehicles.  And while only 1966 Spiders were
officially named "Duettos", I believe it is reasonable (and inoffensive)
to refer to any 1966-1969 roundtail spider as a Duetto.  Let's put aside
our petty differences and focus our energies on the unenlightened who
refer to our cars as "Alpha Romeros", "Fiats" or (worse yet) "MG's"...

My $0.02...