Re: ARC "bulb inefficient"

Thanks to everyone who offered ideas as to what the problem might be.
Thanks John Fox, Fred Di Matteo and jonathan coates

The summary goes like this:

o	clean all the earths
o	yes, ARC does uses voltage drop for testing bulb circuits.
o	the factory manual has a troubleshooting guide.(Common sense)
o	use bulbs that are exactly the same, and new, where appropriate.

The one thing I forgot to add was "the Italian Factor".

The ARC works fine now.

The wife told me all was well, and had a smile on her face,  I just hadn't waited long
enough for the ARC to fix itself.  This has been a running joke during the 10 years we
have had the car, the way squeaks and grinds just disappear a day later, "blown"
bulbs start working again, etc.  That may suit her as a reason, but I think I have a
better one!

Part of the extensive earth and plug cleaning I did was to clean the battery terminals.
After all, it has probably been about 12 months since I last did it.  I always advise
others, "it's good for a few horsepower".  The mistake I made was not starting  the car
 to charge the battery.  Once the wife took the kids to school and the battery had
charged, all the warning lights went out.  In my opinion, the lights during "self test" on
the ARC are now noticeably brighter.  It looks like the ARC is sensitive to supply voltage,
particularly when the wiring is getting a bit older.

My summary:

Once again a simple solution.  Look for the obvious before the expensive.

Cheers,
david
Newcastle- Australia.