Re: Hagerty Insurance

hi, Graham, about hagerty insurance, you said:

>...There is a caveat however. Hagerty (no relation to Jack the
>robotic midwife, as far as I know!) as with J C Taylor, covers only classic
>cars that are used for show and club events, i.e. used only on Sundays for
>taking Grandma to church, and then tootling around Sears Point (preferably
>without Grandma) in an ARA- sponsored event. Taylor allows max 2000 miles per
>year and charges per vehicle, and Hagerty around 2.5 to 3K miles p.a. and will
>question any higher mileage. That is, if you tell them you use your cherry GTV
>for commuting down 680, and do 20K per
year...=========================================
this is NOT true - hagerty will question 20k miles/year, but there is no mileage
restriction per se.  they specifically told me that if i wanted to drive a
pantera from maryland to las vegas & back for the annual pantera convention,
that this would NOT be a problem - and that's 6k miles for the one week!  they
also said i could use my car for pleasure driving, or the occasional drive to
work on a nice day, etc.  what they DO require is that i have another
conventionally insured daily driver.

as for j c taylor, i dunno anything about their policy, i only know NO ONE on
the pantera digest will TOUCH them - consensus is they are scum.

ciao for now,

doug s.