alfa insurance

hi all; gordy writes:

>Keith writes:
>>Does anybody know of an insurance company who can give this car decent
>>coverage? ...  It will be totally babied and not driven in winter or rain.
>
>Keith and others -
>You may want to check out an agent for Hagarty.  I am in the process of
>switching to an "agreed value" policy with them for my Spider.  That
>sounds like it would fit what you are looking for.  Your rates are based
>upon what you and they agree the replacement value should be.  FYI, I am
>paying about $200/yr. for $10K coverage.  I think there are other digesti
>(digesta, digesto?)  :^)  that will agree on this.  Check with some of
>your ARA associates and you may find a local agent who handles Hagarty.
>Good luck and enjoy your new toy.
>
>Gordy Hyde
>NWARC
>1987 Spider Veloce (the top is down)
>Seattle, WA  (where it looks like Spring today)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
keith/gordy,
i agree that hagerty is the way to go, they quoted me $236/year on an agreed
value of $30k for a de tomaso pantera - you tell 'em what you think your car is
worth, if they think that's a reasonable amount, they will insure the car for
that.  there is NO deductible, you are FULLY covered.  the restrictions are that
you have a secure covered storage area (garage), and that you have another car
as a daily driver.  a couple folks on the pantera digest have made claims, w/no
problems.

a '73 alfa spider should be no problem, but gordy, i'm curious about how you
were able to get them to cover your '87 spider - i asked them if they would
cover my '86 gtwe6, and they said there are currently no alfas that new which
would qualify.  if i could get 'em to ensure my gtwe6, then my werde would
become the daily driver.

www.hagerty.com
800.922.4050

ciao for now,