re: Alfa advice- pile on the miles or weekend car??

hi dave,

you wanna know whether you should get a company car, or use the company car
allowance and drive your '95 164q into the ground.

i saw in your postscript that you have an aston lagonda - why not make *that*
your daily driver?!?  :>)

seriously, my 1st reaction would be to take the alfa as the daily driver,
assuming the allowance is equal to the monthly cost of whatever car the company
would be giving you.  after all, i don't think 164's will ever reach collector
status, like some duetto's, giulia spider veloces, gtv's, whatever.  (at least
not in the lifetime of anyone on this list now!)

however, if the company allowed me to choose any car of my choice, within a
certain price point, i mite reconsider.  if i could have even a bmw 318ti, or a
ford contour svo as a company car (these would be the least expensive/boring
cars i'd even consider, otherwise i'd definitely take the allowance.), i yust
mite take 'em up on the offer.

as far as running your 164q into the ground, i see no reason why it wouldn't
easily go 300k miles, w/normal maintenance.  as long as the company pays for the
maintenance, drive the thing.  hell, it will go as long as you want, if you keep
fixing whatever breaks.

how's that for an ambivalent answer!  :>)

doug s.