Wood wheels

Wood steering wheels were standard on the 105/115 2000-series Alfas,
including the Berlina, GT Veloce, and Spider.  According to Pignacca's
"Alfa Romeo Giulia GT," the Junior model of the coupe got the same wood
wheel with its last update in 1974, as did the Giulia Nuova Super,
according to Catarsi's "Alfa Romeo Giulia."  Pignacca lists a "volante a
corona di legna" as an option on the series III junior coupes, and shows a
picture of this wheel, which appears to have a somewhat thicker rim
cross-section and longer horn buttons, compared to the wood wheel on the
2000-series cars.  The same wood wheel is also shown in a 1750 coupe from
the same era, so I would assume it was an option for those as well (black
plastic was standard).

I have seen the wheels used in the 2000-series cars, the late juniors, and
the Nuova Super.  They are all the same style and are indeed made of wood.
During this time, Alfa was still using wood when they said wood and plastic
when they said plastic.  I can't testify to what they did later with the
Spider after 1974, GTV-6, or the rest.

Dana Loomis