Re: Usenet sux!

All the opinions below are humbly mine.

1. USenet is the quickest way to reduce signal to noise ratio.

2. Go read any car newsgroup and see how many "my car is better/bigger than
yours" msg posted by morons.

3. Moderated newsgroup? surely you jest, I would not wish that upon my
worst enemy. Who has that kind of time and patience?

A word about Richard's contributions, I remember his participation on the
rec.autos.sport hierarchy to the various lists he has administered since
the 80's. IF you think this is an easy job, just think of the amount of
spam mails, unsubscribe msgs, etc.. he has to deal with, not the mention
the cost of server and internet transit etc... His time is worth at least
$125+ per hour as a consultant.

All this and we never had to put up with pop up window, adverts etc...

Please take the time and write the check, I know it is a pain, I don't even
pay my Amex bills.

And I am also grateful to Bill for collecting the $$.

mille grazie,

	- Steve.