Re: Milano Fuel Pomp

In message , "Schilt, Bart" <bschilt@domain.elided> writes
>Hello Ian,
>
>Any luck tracing a fuel pump?
>As I understand it is a Bosch fuel pump. I need one my self (it makes an
>annoying noise)
>It costs about $160. If you find anything better....
>
>Look forward to your response
>
>Bart
>
>P.S. I bought a used one at APE for $45, unfortunately it still has the same
>problem

According to manuals which I have consulted, a replacement fuel pump
arrives with some kind of oil inside to protect the guts. Once the
inside is allowed to dry out it dies.
Is this true? Is buying a used one therefore a possible waste of money?
I will need a new one soon for my 75 TS, UK cost is 120GBP from
Halfords, special order. Anybody know the part number etc? Better
sources?
- --
jonathan coates