Brakes

     Chip said:
     ... I replaced the pads with Axxis metal master pads and the rotors
     with Brembo Drilled rotors from Best Price. I notice now that it
     really doesn't want to stop. Stopping distance is actually increased
     with the new brakes...

     Same experience I had with two different sets of semi-metallic pads on
     my Spider. They don't work unless hot! For a street machine, this can
     be fatal! I pulled the pads and exchangeds them for straight organics,
     from the local auto parts store. Now the car stops like an Alfa
     should! I don't care if they wear out in two years; pads are cheap,
     and my life is unique (only one I got!) If I were driving on the track
     I would try the semi-metallics, but not on the street. They could not
     lock up the wheels, no matter how hard I tried.
     Len