RE: 75 misbehavin'

Lars and I are discussing Twin Spark engine maladies......

[Lars replies]
I wasn't able to take it apart without damaging the housing (maybe I'm a
coward...:-)  )
Did you find any signs of grease inside, that was supposed to be there?
I still wonder what it was, that coloured my WD-40...
How is the sealing at the throttle axis made? Is it a rubber ring? I
guess that moist from the intake
can find it's way down to the TPS. I keep asking myself is I have a
broken rubber sealing floating around inside the TPS...?
Btw, is there a full throttle switch inside the TPS as well? I've never
heard any "clik" from it. Maybe it's long since gone...

[]  I can't remember the details of the TPS cover except that I pried it
off gently around the seam, and when I finished I sealed it up with silastic.
The manual or microfiche shows the switch as a separate part, but I was
never able to purchase one.  It is meant to come off the shaft when the
2 bolts are removed.  I guess that the seal is in the switch itself.  I don't
recall any grease, it was clean inside.  Yes there is a full throttle switch,
it comes in at about 70 degrees, and you can test this using a meter on
the TPS.  There is nothing at Wide Open Throttle (WOT).

BTW, I enjoyed watching Eddie win in a car with tenuous association to
Alfa Romeo.  It looks like getting a Ferrari F1 car moving is about as difficult
as launching a Twin Spark!  Ask Michael!

Cheers,
david, Normally in Newcastle, but working in Melbourne, what a Grand Prix!
ALFA75 TS.
2 litres, 145 hp, what a ride!!

End of alfa-digest V7 #543