RE: Welty Fund, confused?

> Still confused about this welty fund, dose welty go out and find old
> alfas in barns and rescue them? if so, why not just keep them in the
> barn for a while and let our grand kids restore them.  This reminds me

richard welty, our esteemed digest administrator, has a career in the high
tech industry.  as with most of us alfa's are a hobby for him.  he's got a
few, including an alfetta sedan race car set up for scca itb competition.

the digest has been funded by him for many years.  only once has he ever
asked for any donations.  alfabill originally had the idea to collect funds
to buy richard a nice gtv, but it turned into a general fund for richard to
use towards maintenance of the alfa's he's already got.  it will probably
end up being used to fund the digest...

i don't think that richard poses a threat to alfa's currently hidden away in
barns.

now if someone would just post the address.. ;)

bs, lowly grasshopper and proud digest contributor