Welty Fund, confused?

Still confused about this welty fund, dose welty go out and find old
alfas in barns and rescue them? if so, why not just keep them in the
barn for a while and let our grand kids restore them.  This reminds me
of the whole vespa and lambretta ordeal, a few years ago vespas and
lammys were around for about a $1000 bucks if you wanted one, and there
were plenty in sheds that were looking for restoration, but now there
has been a big surge for "every one to have a scoot" and all the "barn
bikes" have been found, now if you want a plain old vespa p200e or lammy
TV, you forking out $4000! and around $2000 for a unrestored rust
bucket.  I have seen idian (not italian) made lambrettas go for $5600,
it is getting crazy, I say let them be, let little Johnny when he turns
25 in the year 2021 buy a old 1972 spider from a guy in the country (he
might just be you) for 100 bucks and restore it.  Im not trying to piss
people off or start something with all the welty supporter (considering
I really don't know what welty dose, just making statements on
observations), hey if my view of what welty dose is completely wrong
steer me in the right direction, I just don't what to turn the "alfa
thing" in to the "vespa thing".

Scott Corsaro
encintas

End of alfa-digest V7 #536