Re: Milano Brakes

Chip wrote:

>Today I just replaced the front brakes in my 89 Milano Gold...
>Stopping distance is actually increased with the new brakes. Is
>this just because they're not broken in yet?

Yes, that's very likely.  New pads and rotors won't offer full performance
until they've been run in for a while.  How long depends upon the
combination.  With standard pads, 25-50 miles isn't out of the question.
Harder pads may take longer.  Also, don't try to get maximum braking out of
the setup for a while.  You may only succeed in glazing the pads and
rotors.

> I discovered brake fluid coming out of the reservoir...

Pushing the pistons back into the calipers, to make room for the new pads,
pushes the brake fluid out of the cylinders and back into the reservoir.
If the reservoir is full to begin with, it will overflow.

Rich Wagner
Montrose, CO
'82 GTV6 Balocco