Re: Transaxle clutches - two types?

Jonathan Coates wrote:

> Having had the recent opportunity to look under a 3 litre 75 (Milano)
> I was struck by the position of the clutch slave cylinder. On the V6
> the cylinder is behind the clutch plate, whereas I was sure that mine
> is in front.

My mechanical units shop manual (Mercian reprint of AR 1984 manual) for
the Alfetta, Giulietta, GTV, and Alfa 90 shows the slave cylinder in
front for all except 90 2.5i and 90 2.4td. I'm doing this from memory,
and I think the 90 2.4td also has a twin-plate clutch. The 75s however,
only had a single plate clutch, but they probably retained the same
transaxle castings etc from the GTV6 and 90 2.5i and 2.4td.

Tony

1979 Alfetta 2000 (parting out)
1985 Alfa 90 2.5i
The Alfa 90 page http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/7709
- --
Tony Lupton                          *     Astracon (Australia) Pty Ltd
Learning Products Team Leader     *    *   339 Coronation Drive
Email: t.lupton@domain.elided       *    PO Box 1643
Phone: +61 7 3259 2382                     Milton Qld 4064
Fax:   +61 7 3259 2259              *      Australia