Re: Spica vs. Webers

What a strange thread for Alfisti!  Just as with Alfas, a love for the Spica
pump is not a based on anything rational like reliability.  I have cradled
my pump like a newborn babe, gently cleaned its aluminum casing, dismantled
its da Vinci-esque logic section, and peered beneath the access plate that
covers its delicate rack and bores.  The Spica pump is one of the most
gorgeous pre-digital mechanisms I have had the pleasure to experience.

I love my Spica, but some on the AD are trying to tell me that the love I
feel is wrong or misguided.  I love my Alfa, but people driving generic
Japanese sedans often try to tell me that Alfas are "bad" cars for this
reason or that.  Funny, but I never take their criticisms very seriously.

W.B. Peale
69 1750 GT Veloce con Spica Bellissima