Re: alfa-digest V7 #513 Alfa Service Providers and Roll Bars...

Hear, hear John!
    I'm disappointed that somehow Mr. Darling has become the arbiter of
who is a "recognized" service facility merely by his ability to receive
a check. I have never (in twenty years) been questioned as to why my
company was not listed in the Alfa Owner by any customer, so I have kept
my money in my pocket instead of giving it to him. To have the
businesses listed being touted as superior to those that are not is not
reasonable or correct. I trust knowledgeable Alfisti to think (and
research well) for themselves when it comes to picking a parts and
service supplier. Thank you for your eloquent clarification.

Robin,
   The best bars available are from Autopower Industries in San Diego.
I'm sure the number is available locally. Specify a Solo 1 bar (may
interfere with the top going up and down.) On-track insurance is
available from Parish Insurance in Nashville, Kentucky. Your standard
comprehensive coverage will work providing you are not involved in wheel
to wheel competition. It is important to note that as long as you are
not involved in a "contest" awarding prizes or money, most policies will
cover, then drop you if a claim is made. Good luck! -Peter Krause